Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

It's Hip to be a Teacher

Me, hip? Hardly, but I liked the flow of the title. I consider myself a geek and/or dork, but not a nerd (I really have to create my own personal definitions of those terms). I have spent weeks trying to come up with a catchy title for a blog, but nothing was working for me. My husband and I are HUGE fans of a Canadian band called The Tragically Hip, and so the title was born. I have recently become obsessed with blogs, and I have been itching to start my own. To be fair, I have to admit that this is not my first attempt at blogging. I wrote a blog a couple of years ago focused on my daughter, but I let it go when it felt like I could accomplish the task of sharing her antics through Facebook. I also keep a blog on my classroom website, which is convenient, but I would like to replace it with something that could reach a larger audience.A little bit about me...I guess I could now be considered a veteran teacher since I started my career in 1995. Yikes! I have spent most of that time teaching third grade, which is still my current position. I am that teacher that goes to every training/staff development that is offered, so I feel like I know a bit about a large number of topics. I am currently working on my master's in instructional technology, a program that I LOVE!!! I am blessed to teach in a district with a focus on technology, and this degree just feels right. My goal of this blog is to challenge myself to do more, to share what I am doing, and to learn from others. Like the song says, "That's what it's all about," right???Here is my classroom website in case you want to check it out!

http://www5.mgsd.k12.nc.us/staffsites/juliebuda/Julie_Buda/Welcome.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!