Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Catching Up

I still have so much that I would like to share about my incredible trip to Discovery Communication headquarters, but my week has been insanely busy. I am now in Buffalo visiting family, and my time has been very busy. I'm just happy to have reliable access to the internet (it's not wireless, but that is okay at this point).

Here is what I will share: my thoughts on Twitter. I really never "got" Twitter, and I'm still not sure that I do, but I have had so much fun with it this week. On our school trip to DC/Maryland, everyone was tweeting or following the Twitter feed for that trip. I loved knowing that what I was posting had more of a purpose than my occasional re-tweets of UberFacts (which is pretty cool to follow if you love trivia and random facts). Using Twitter made those of us on the trip feel more connected to each other and to all of the followers of Discovery Education.

Then, on Friday, night, I joined in the Twitter feed while watching Nik Wallenda walk the tightrope across Niagara Falls. It was so neat! There were people calling him crazy, praising him for his faith in Jesus, and those who made funny comments about being searched by customs officials as soon as he reached the Canadian side of the wire. I re-tweeted a few of my favorites:
"I haven't been this nervous since Fonzie jumped the shark!"
"If 'Walking the Wire" is a ratings hit, we can expect "Walking the Wire with the Stars' to get the greenlight tomorrow."

Anyway, I love technology for how it keeps us connected. I still prefer following blogs, but I am beginning to see how Twitter can be fun. Follow me @juliebuda (and be ready for some useless trivia).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!