Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My First Blog Award!


Wow, I am feeling the love today! I was nominated not once, but TWICE for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thank you to Lisa from Super Pig and Tyrant and and Shana from Enchanted With Technology, both of which are pretty lovely blogs too! :-)

There are only 3 rules to follow once you've received this award :)
1. Follow the person who gave you the award
2. Link back to the person that gave you the award
3. Pass the award on to 15 new bloggers.

I am passing on the award to the following 15 blogs:
1. 24/7 Teacher
2. CE Kindergarten Kids Rock
3. Life and Times of a Third Grade Teacher
4. Maestra Bilingue
5. Lessons in Learning
6. Adventures in Teaching
7. The Bender Bunch
8. Teachers Don't Steal, They Share
9. When I Grow Up
10. Fun Games 4 Learning
11. A Work of Heart
12. Miss Red & Her Rambling First Graders
13. The Dalton Gang
14. Buzz Around in 2nd Grade
15. A Turn to Learn (be sure to check out Technology Tuesday)

Whew! That was a lot of work, but I enjoyed having the chance to check out even more blogs!

Has anyone started their back to school shopping? I was at Staples a few days ago (no, there big sales have not started yet), and they have a new BTS shopping pass this year. The pass costs $10, but you will save 15% on school supplies once per day, from June 10 until September 15. I will be at Staples a lot over the next few months, so I know that this will more than pay for itself (my little girl is starting kindergarten, so I will be getting supplies for her too!). I'll be sure to post when they start their mega sales, where my motto is, "Who cares if I need it? It costs a penny! And I will buy 25 of them because that is what Staples allows with my teacher ID!"

Have an awesome day!!!

9 comments:

Lynn Kasserman said...

I don't think they are doing the penny sales this year. I heard teachers were going to get a 'rebate' that would be in the form of in store credit... Bummer!

Anyway! I love you blog! Come visit!

✿Lynn
Inside this Book

Elisabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! My friend Amber and I are hosting a Carolina Blogger Meet up, you should come!!!! Check this link out about it!

http://emhaywood.blogspot.com/2012/06/ask-and-you-shall-receive.html

Amy Grout said...

Thank you for the award. I love your blog and I don't think it will take long to increase your following. I'm new at this as well and would love to have more followers...but my "blog guru" tells me to be patient(Has she met me?? LOL). I noticed you live in Mooresville... my sister and her husband live in Graham. So, I just have to ask...do you ever see anyone famous "racing" around town? Anyway...I've joined your blog and I look forward to learning new ideas from you.
Happy Blogging!
Amy

Julie Buda said...

Hmmm...I'm assuming that you are referring to one famous driver in particular who is a Mooresville native. I have met Dale Jr.'s sister (her youngest daughter was in dance with my daughter last year), but I've never actually met him or any other drivers. I know that my husband has met Ryan Newman, and probably a few others too, but I'm not sure about which ones. Kyle and Kurt Busch live around here too, and Kyle took a lot of heat for speeding in the daytime somewhere near (but not actually in) a school zone. I'm not really a NASCAR follower, but you just kind of learn a lot after living in "Race City, USA" for 15 years. :-)

Melissa said...

Thank you for the award! Love your blog and am a new follower!

Mrs.Slocum said...

Thank you for the award! I am so excited to find new blogs and see everyone's great ideas!

Mrs. Slocum
Teacher's Don't Steal, They Share!

Christa Swaney said...

Thanks for coming and checking out my blog. I am now your newest follower. I was in Target yesterday and all the school supplies are out in full force! Scary...of course I did cruise through the isles making mental notes of everything I need to buy when it goes on sale.!! Happy Friday!

Christa
sweetlifeofsecondgrade

Ms. Jessica said...

Congrats on your first award and thank you for passing it on to me! I'm now following your blog as well!

Allison said...

Thank you so much for the award Julie!

Allison
A Work of Heart

Post a Comment

I love your comments!