Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday Made It and August Currently!

Hello all!  Every week I am so impressed with all of the things that other bloggy teachers are making.  Finally I have the chance to join in the linky fun with my first Monday Made It!  Stop by 4th Grade Frolics if you would like to link up!
This is nothing big, but my old classroom library is definitely in need of a Book Hospital.  I just hope that I can save all of the books that are admitted there!

I love this one!  I have tons of sets of flash cards, but I never can find what I need when I have a parent volunteer who is going to review facts with a student.  This can also be a center during math.  I currently have it set up for reviewing addition and subtraction facts to 18, but later I will have individual sets of multiplication flash cards.

Aren't these neat?  These are "algebra" dominoes-I saw these somewhere on Pinterest.  They remind me of what we do with Marcy Cook's balance tiles.  Students have to match up the end of the sticks based on the sums or differences.  I also made some for multiplication. 

Everyone seems to be making some sort of holder for No Name papers.  These are just magnets.  I found the wooden cutouts at Michael's and  painted them yellow.  I did the writing, covered them with Mod Podge, and then added a strong magnet.  Small, but useful!
I am also taking part in Farley's August Currently:
Be sure to stop by Oh Boy 4th Grade and link up!

7 comments:

Mrs. L said...

Julie,
I am due early November. I can't believe it's been six months already. Soon my little boy will be going into Kindergarten just like your daughter. Crazy.
I love the algebra dominoes you created. Such a fun educational twist to a familiar game. I might have to create my own. A teacher can never have too many games right?
Mrs. L
Life with Mrs. L

Fun in Second Grade said...

Love your new creations! Hope your ankle heals quickly. I am a new follower. If you get a minute hop over to my blog.
Diane
http://funinsecondgrade.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

I love that you used a binder to hold the fact cards...I've never thought of doing that. I usually use those science project boards. I may be borrowing that idea! I like your dominoes too!

Thanks for sharing!
Cheryl
Spotted Around the School

Brandi said...

I recently pinned that flashcard holder...just a great idea!

Brandi
Success in Second Grade
Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

Lisa R. said...

I just found your blog through Monday Made It & I'm a new follower! I love your cute ideas, especially your book hospital! I'm excited to follow along. :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Anne Tussing said...

Love the idea of "no name" magnets!! I'm making these:)

Mrs. Reed said...

I love your blog. I have found some great ideas to use with my class. Im your newest follower.
Latoya
Flying Into First Grade

Post a Comment

I love your comments!