Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

I'm Baaack!!! (plus some Christmas crafts)

   I am taking a break from playing Uno with Clyde, our elf, in order to FINALLY add a blog post.  I am so embarrassed that I have not posted in months.  This year has been one of the most challenging ever.  My daughter is now in kindergarten, and I am adjusting to homework and packing lunches.  I had two classes this semester, one of which was a research class that really had me busy!  Add the new Common Core standards to all of that and you can understand how my blogging was put on the back burner. 

Here are a few of my Christmas crafts that I wanted to share.  I know that most of you have already finished your crafting for the season, so bookmark these for next year:
    I saw something like this on Pinterest and created my own.  
    Cut pieces of foam board, approximately 4 1/2 inch squares.  I used a box cutter and then my paper cutter to make squares.
     Use tacky glue to make the frame from crayons.
     Use tacky glue to attach the ribbon (I found cute School Days ribbon at Hobby Lobby).
     Add a picture and whatever you want to write.  I used double sided tape to attach the picture.

We did this as a Christmas gift, but in the future I might save something like this for Mother's Day.     

  I also saw these snowflakes on Pinterest, but I created my own because the link to the directions did not work. 
     You need 8 small puzzle pieces, painted white.  We used acrylic paint.
      Cut a small circle out of cardboard-I found a thin cardboard and used my scrapbooking tools to make them.  The size will depend on the size of your puzzle pieces.  Paint the circle white also.
     Glue one puzzle piece in the middle of the circle.  Attach 6 more pieces around that one.  I think it looks best if a "point" of the puzzle piece sticks out (note to self-do a Google search for the name of the curved part of a puzzle piece).  Glue one more puzzle piece in the middle, on top of the first one.  I used Tacky Glue-I invest in the stuff at Christmas time.
     When it has dried, cover it with a thin layer of Mod Podge and sprinkle some glitter on it.
     When that has dried, cover the ornament with clear spray paint so that the glitter won't chip off.
    Add a piece of ribbon to the back.
 

     Well, the word didn't end so I have to go and finish my Christmas shopping and baking.  I hope to post a few more times over the holidays!
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!