Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

New Year's Linky!

I am linking up with Teaching Maddeness for a New Year's Resolution Linky Party!


Teaching Maddeness






A new year, a new you, right?  I always try to be realistic about setting goals, but then I just end up with ones like "Be Awesome."
I love this.  As a working mom, I would like to think that I can "do it all," but the reality is that I fall short.  This year it has been my blogging that has been put on the back burner.  So my first goal:

1.  Write a blog post at least once a week.   I want to try to write some posts in advance (I can do this with my tech tool posts) so that I can have them ready to go.  In a perfect world, right?  Okay, bloggy friends, bug me if I haven't posted in awhile!

2.  Create some freebies to share and post on TPT.  I'm not sure why I haven't done this already.  I create lots of things, but I just feel like what I have isn't as "cute" as what other teachers have made.  I know that the content is good, so I just need to get it out there!

3.  RUN!!!!  My husband bought me an awesome pair of running shoes for Christmas.  I am signed up for a 5K (and for a small triathlon, but I am still in denial about that one), so now I just need to get out there and run!  I was following the Couch to 5K program through the fall and was doing well, but then December came and life got in the way.  I need to get back into this habit!

There are a million other things that I would like to do this year, but I'm not going to post those since those are things that I should be doing anyway.  Maybe I'll have some success if I stick to just three goals, right?  RIGHT??? 

Best wishes to everyone with their New Year's Resolutions!



6 comments:

I {heart} Recess said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower :) I agree being a working mom is difficult. I struggle with that too. Your blog is cute, and I look forward to learning new ideas and tips from you!

Jess

Christy said...

This week I just downloaded the couch to 10k app and dusted off my running shoes. I have a 5k memorial run in March. Hope I'm ready by then!! It's just so hard to find the time.
Christy
Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

Amanda Madden said...

Agh...your December sounds like mine...totally got me distracted from my running goals! I also started with the Couch to 5K and had made it almost to the end of the 10K and now...ugh...back to the drawing board!

Best of luck to keeping your resolutions and reaching your goals!


Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Jacqui said...

Good luck with your running. I want to run a 5K by the end of the year as well, but I need to just get out there and run. Anyway, I'm your newest follower.

Kelly said...

Good luck with your goals! I am sure your items will be as cute as your blog. Also, I have that green pencil sharpener - love, love, love it!

Collaboration Cuties said...

I feel exactly like you, being a working mom. Something has to go to the back burner. I'm working on balance.

I also need to run...but...yeah...I couldn't even write that one down because I'm pretty sure it won't happen. That's more of a dream than a goal. ;O)

We are now following you! If you get a chance, please take a peek at our blog. We would love to have more followers!!

Amanda
Collaboration Cuties

Post a Comment

I love your comments!