Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January Currently

Happy New Year!!!!!
Ready or not, 2013 is here!!!

A new year, a new month, a new Currently!  I've linked up with Farley from Oh Boy Fourth Grade! for some linky fun!



Listening:  My husband and I are watching a rerun of the 60 Minutes episode on Steve Jobs.  I would love to read his biography!  I'm not sure how I feel about him as a person, but he definitely was gifted.  

Loving:  Our daughter is spending the day with her grandparents, which gave me the opportunity to totally overhaul her bedroom.  She is probably going to freak out when she sees it, but it is clean and organized (and I have lots of things ready for consigning this spring).

Thinking:  I've been pretty productive this break:  finished a few books, posted on my blog, gained a few new followers, gone through several closets, and have written (almost) all of my thank you notes.  Go, Julie!

Wanting:  I've done a lot, but there are still more things that I would have liked to have finished before going back to work.  Can I have an extra week???

Needing:  I have running shoes.  Really nice running shoes.  Have I been running?  No.  Do I have lots of good excuses?  Of course!  The reality is that I am running in a 5K in a couple of weeks and I have not been running in a couple of weeks.  This should be interesting.

OLW (love this!):  Faith.  
Faith in God.
Faith that I am where I am supposed to be.
Faith that there is a lesson to be learned in every experience (and that I will learn that lesson quickly!)

Happy 2013, everyone!

6 comments:

e Reyes said...

I'm a third grade teacher, too! I'm just starting out into the teacher blogging world.

I LOVE your one little word! It ties into the one I choose. Something for sure I need to have more of.

I'm with you on getting a lot done over break. I feel so proud! However, knowing how much I got done leaves me wanting lots more time off. I have so many more things to do.

Heather Temske said...

How nice that you accomplished so much over break. I usually do but not so much this tm. That's okay I'll agent it al together.

Heather
room 4 imagination

Elisabeth said...

Your from Mooresville??? How did I miss that???? The next blogger meet-up you need to come so we can meet :) I love your OLW-I have resolved to work on my daily Bible reading and it is always refreshing to find other bloggers who value a relationship with God!
Twins, Teaching and Tacos.

Barbara said...

Have fun with your 5k. The great thing about that distance is you can finish it without a lot of training:)
Great OLW!

Barbara
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Michele said...

While you're asking, can I get another week too! Happy New Year, Julie! I was blog hopping when I came upon your blog. So uber cute! I'm not sure when you started blogging, but I just started blogging about 2 months ago and I'm still trying to get my blog off the ground (so to speak...lol). In order to get a few more followers, I'm having a Birthday giveaway (my birthday is this month), and I'm trying to spread the word. Up for grabs is a $15.00 Starbucks giftcard for every 25 new followers! Hope you'll hop by and register and also help me spread the word! The giveaway ends January 22--My birthday! Thanks again. I am your newest follower. Michele @ http://the-lightbulb-lab.blogspot.com

Le@rning Out Loud said...

Hi Julie,

Came across your blog through Technology Tailgate! Lots of great ideas! I am your newest follower!

Diana :)-(
Le@rning Out Loud

Post a Comment

I love your comments!