Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring Fever!

I don't know about you, but I am ready for spring break!  Some districts have theirs starting today, but we still have four more days before our break begins.  As much as I don't like having such a late Easter, I've enjoyed having the time to do more Easter/spring activities. 

We've been working on adjectives, which was difficult for many students.  I saw this craftivity on Pinterest and we created our own adjective rainbows.  I was very pleased with how they turned out!
I used pink instead of indigo so that the words would show up better.  
Also, for Easter I read Rechenka's Eggs by Patricia Polacco.   My husband's family is part Ukranian, and some family members like to decorate simple pysanky.  I shared an elaborate egg that I purchased many years ago, and then let students try to do some designs and patterns on their own.  I was very pleased with their results!

I am not usually so artsy in my teaching, but my students have really enjoyed this contrast to all of our reading portfolio passages.  Now bring on Easter and Spring Break!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!