Pages

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

My third post in a month!  Are you impressed?  If not, you should be.  I have had another CRAZY school year, again mostly due to family things.  I did not even have grad school this year, and it has been difficult to keep up with things in the blogosphere.  I should see what else is out there so that I can link up with others, but I'm just going to keep this a linky-free post.  :-)

So...tomorrow is Mother's Day!  I love being a mom.  I waited forever to get pregnant out of fear of the incredible responsibility, and now I wish that I could have more kids.  Words cannot express how much I love my little one.  My heart breaks for those women who struggle with fertility, those whose hearts long to have their own baby.   Being a mom is definitely the world's toughest job.  This video that one of my sisters shared with me pretty much sums up the expectations:

My students made cards and bookmarks for their moms.  I started teaching cursive early this year (I am a REBEL who teaches cursive), so they wrote everything in cursive.  Although these items are not very elaborate, my hope is that Moms appreciate this next step in what their children can do.  Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the finished products.  Sorry.  However, you can check out what my little one did for me.

She got my age right!  And How I Met Your Mother is definitely one of my favorite shows.  Both of these keepsakes are so sweet!

My big Mommy job today...helping my little one perform at her first feis!  She started Irish step dancing back in September, and today was her first real performance/competition.   She was always a very bouncy girl, and this has been a good fit for her.  I never get tired of watching her dance (although the accordion music gets on my nerves at times).  I am impressed with myself for being able to do her hair.
This was not a full-on wig, but just a bun cover.  It made my day so much easier than trying to figure out what to do with her hair.  It doesn't hold a curl easily, so this little hair thing was priceless (even better that I only paid $5.00)

I hope that all of you have a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow.  If you are not a mom, then I hope that you are able to spend time with your mom.  If you are only able to talk to her on the phone, then I hope that she doesn't hang up on you the way that my mom did to me today (long sad, story...you are only allowed to ask if you have kept reading until this point). 

Have a great weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!