Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Social Media Overload!!!

Twitter.
Twitter Chats.
Hashtags.
TweetDeck.
Voxer.
Periscope.
Google Hangout.

I seriously am going into Social Media overload.  I always considered myself a tech-savvy person, but I am finding out how behind the times I am.  


Fortunately, I participated in my first Twitter Chat this morning, just for newbies like me!  It was New Teachers to Twitter, otherwise known as #NT2T.  Although I could tell that some of the participants were seasoned Twitter-ites (is that a word?  If not, I just made it one), there were those like me who just struggled with reading the feed of posts.  I was very grateful for those who were helping out us amateurs.  I am also beginning to appreciate the power of the hashtag.


If you have read this and feel my pain of being so new at all of this, please feel free to share your favorite hashtags or live chats to follow.  Thank you!!!!!!!

5 comments:

JanCT said...

Twitter-ites sounds like a perfectly fine word! I have no Facebook, no Twitter account, and I'm avoiding Periscope. I have a blog, Pinterest, and Instagram. That's enough for me! I'm still new at IG and don't know how to do a lot of things!
Jan
Laughter and Consistency

MentoringintheMiddle said...

I think, in the interest of staying on top of everything, it's easy to put yourself out there on everything. I agree with JanCT. You have to limit yourself unless you want to be on your device 24/7. Pick the ones that work for you and do them well.

BTW, Julie, do you know that you're a no-reply blogger? You might want to change that up so that when you respond to someone's post, they can email you if they want. I tried, and couldn't. Just by luck, this was posted today: http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4441182637&blog=3770934 to tell you how to change it.
Good luck!
Marion

Mary said...

I agree! I need to check out the new teachers to twitter chat! I have completed 3 periscopes, but I'm thinking to limiting myself to a commenter and watcher- I just have a hard time talking to myself in front of a camera! I have found my teacher tribe on facebook by going to #teachertribedirectory on instagram and also mark your photos on instagram by #teachers of instagram.

Teaching Special Kids

Thrills in Third Grade said...

I agree with you all! I've scoped a few times, but I prefer to watch, listen, and comment. I've had a Twitter account for a few years, but never really understood how to use it. I'm going to have to check out NT2T! Woohoo! And I guess I'm not really using IG to the best of its ability. Why do I feel so old? Lol!!

Alison Rose said...

I don't even know what to do with myself right now with all the social media. I feel your pain with the overload..big time!
Alison
Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

Post a Comment

I love your comments!